Saturday 29 August 2015

Paco Cemetery

Paco

Paco Cemetery recreational garden and was once Manila’s municipal cemetery built by the Dominicans during the Spanish colonial period. It is located on General Luna St. and at the east end of Padre Faura Street in PacoManilaPhilippines.

May :)
(Old photo of Paco Cemetery)
Paco
First Burial Place of Jose Rizal, Paco Cemetery, Manila

Paco

In fact, the Spaniards had spirited his body away and buried it in secret to prevent a cult of martyr-worship.But friends of the family discovered the location: formerly a cemetery, these days known as Paco Park. They paid a worker to mark the grave with Dr. Jose Protasio Rizal's initials in reverse, as seen above.


The park itself is beautiful, atmospheric. The curved walls encrusted with old crypts give an odd, comforting feeling. And the round Chapel of St. Pancratius is like the jewel in the lotus.The (alleged) former site of Dr. Rizal's burial is well-marked, and well worth a visit.

This is the first time I went at Paco Park. When I enter, I can feel a peaceful ambiance around. Many emotions you can feel including that a sad because if you're going to realized, many people are buried in that place. When I go near the church, I can feel it's peacefulness and I told to myself that I'm going to go back in that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment